Home Appliances Extended Warranty
Home Appliances Extended Warranty provides you a one stop extended warranty service for a bundle of your home appliances. Unlimited no. of claims and no excess.
In the event that the appliance is not repairable, you will be entitled to a non-repairable benefit up to the depreciated value# of the appliance, or HK$2,000 (Core Plan) / HK$5,000 (Platinum Plan), whichever is lower.
You do not need to bear any excess at the time of claim.
Unlimited no. of claims
Subject to the policy limit, you are entitled to unlimited number of claims during the period of insurance.
Premium does not include insurance levy collected by the Insurance Authority. For further information, please contact Club Insurance Customer Service Hotline at 183 3018 or visit www.fwd.com.hk/en/insurance-levy.
Depreciation rule specified in the policy document.
Not applicable if at the time of claim, you cannot provide a copy of document proving the purchase date and price of your appliance.
You must provide a copy of the document proving the date of purchase and the price of your appliances are equivalent document from which the date of purchase or the date of production and the price of the appliance can be ascertained. In the event that such a document is not available, you shall pay Excess equivalent to 50% of the service cost.
- Failure or defects that occur within the first 30 days from the effective date of the policy.
- Failures or defects which occur prior to the purchase of the policy.
- Failures or defects which are covered by any other property insurance, product liability insurance, original warranty provided by the manufacturer, dealer or any other warranties in effect.
- Failure or defects caused by or arising out of non-operating and cosmetic items, paint, colour, or product finish, accessories used in or with the appliance, cables, cords, glass, lens, rubber parts, seals, brushes, remote controls and add-on options incorporated in an appliance for which options are not essential to the basic function of the appliance.
- Consumables of the appliance including but not limited to refrigerant, batteries, bulbs, ribbons, compact discs, digital tapes, stylus, toner and ink cartridges.
- Failure or defects that occur outside Hong Kong S.A.R.
- Failure or defects caused by or arising out of ordinary wear and tear, scratching, chewing, spilled liquids, corrosion, animal and insect infestation, fungi, bacteria, gradual deterioration including but not limited to moisture and oxidation. Fungi means any type or form of fungus, including but not limited to, all forms of mold or mildew, and any mycotoxins, spores, scents, vapors, gas, or substance.
- Commercial use (multi-user organisations), public rental, use for profit or communal use of the appliance.
- Failures or defects which are of the types not covered under the original manufacturer’s/dealer’s original warranty or any other warranties in effect.
- Failure or defects caused by or arising out of sound quality, screen for stuck/dead pixels, scaffolding and/or scaffolding work.
- The features above are indicative only and are provided by FWD General Insurance Company Limited (“FWD GI”). For the full terms and conditions, benefits of the policy, key product risk and major exclusions of the policy, please refer to the respective policy documents (including the product brochure and policy provisions) which shall prevail in case of inconsistency. You should not purchase the insurance products solely based on the above information. For details, please contact Club Insurance Customer Services Hotline at 183 3018 or refer to related product brochure and policy provisions.
- The above insurance products are underwritten by FWD GI which reserves the final right of approval and decision of all matters relating to the insurance products.
- Club HKT Limited (“Club HKT”) is an appointed licensed insurance agency of FWD GI (Licensed Insurance Agency Licence No.: FA3548) and its role is limited to distributing and arranging insurance products of FWD GI.
- Please read carefully the product brochure, policy provisions and Important Notes before purchasing the insurance products.
- In the event of any discrepancies between the English and Chinese versions of the above information and terms, the English version shall prevail.
- The insurance plan is underwritten by FWD General Insurance Company Limited (“FWD GI”). Club Insurance is a service brand operated by Club HKT Limited (“Club HKT”), a wholly owned subsidiary of HKT Limited (HKT Limited is a company incorporated in the Cayman Islands with limited liability). Club HKT, being registered with the Insurance Authority of Hong Kong (“IA”) as a licensed insurance agency (Licensed Insurance Agency Licence No.: FA3548) and acts as an appointed licensed insurance agency for FWD GI to distribute and arrange a wide range of insurance products and services.
- The product information is provided by FWD GI. The product information gives only an outline of the terms and conditions of the insurance cover and does not contain full terms and exclusions of the insurance policy (“Policy”). Any information given herein is subject to the precise terms and conditions and the full terms and conditions can be found in the Policy (including the product brochure) which shall prevail in case of inconsistency.
- Please read the related product brochure, policy provisions, Personal Information Collection Statement of FWD GI and Personal Information Collection Statement of Club HKT before purchasing the insurance product. For enquiries relating to the insurance product, please contact Customer Service Hotline at 183 3018.
- The premiums of the insurance product will be payable to FWD GI, (or through Club HKT in respect of online applications made on Club Insurance’s website), and Club HKT will receive commission from FWD GI for acting as an appointed licensed insurance agency for FWD GI.
- The insurance products referred to in this website are intended to be offered in Hong Kong only. The information on this website are not intended to be use by persons located in or resident outside of Hong Kong. The information on this website shall not be construed as an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer or recommendation to purchase or sale or provision of any insurance products by FWD GI or Club HKT outside Hong Kong. All selling and application procedures must be conducted and completed in Hong Kong.
- Under the Insurance Ordinance (Cap. 41), the IA has started to collect the levy on insurance premiums from policyholders through insurance companies from January 1, 2018. For more details, please refer to the IA’s official website at ia.org.hk/en/levy.
- Club HKT's role is limited to the distribution and arrangement of the insurance products of FWD GI only and Club HKT shall not be responsible for any matters in relation to the provision of the insurance products.
- Insurance products are products and obligations of FWD GI and not of Club HKT.
- Any dispute over the contractual terms of insurance products should be resolved directly between you and FWD GI.
- All insurance applications are subject to FWD GI’s underwriting and acceptance.
- FWD GI is solely responsible for all approvals, coverage, compensations and account maintenance in connection with its insurance products.
- Club HKT will not render you any legal, accounting or tax advice. You are advised to check with your own professional advisor for advice relevant to your circumstances.
- You are reminded to carefully review the relevant product materials provided to you and seek independent advice if necessary.
- In case of any inconsistency between the English and Chinese versions, the English version shall prevail.